On 2/8/19 10:52 AM, Andrew Fish wrote:

I think the patch workflow is kind of like a coding standards. Some folks
advocate for lots of small patches (common in open source projects), and some
folks advocate for a patch per bug. I think the biggest upside to the patch
granularity is it is much easier to bisect a failure.

So I've used Bitbucket with a branch per commit (you name your branch with a
standard pattern and the bugzilla  ) model and if your branch has a patch
series (set of commits) you can view each commit independently from the UI and
the default view is the entire patch series. So you can see both.

I think I see the difference now: I've used several review systems, most recently including Bitbucket, and with Review Board, Phabricator, and I think Gerrit people tend to post several patches against the same bug, often not labeling them as patch 1/3, 2/3 etc. but just using the same bug number.

Seeing the entire series clearly as an email thread on here is rather nice.

--

Rebecca Cran