Paul,
I think you need 8760*(number of subjects followed for a year) assuming the
124 heart attacks were from more than one subject. Then you could do a test
as to whether or not marijuana  in a given hour is associated with heart
attack in that hour.

The hours for a fixed subject are not independent so you shouldn't lump them
together in a contingency table. One possible approach would be to do a
logistic regression with the person/hours being the observations, so that
there are 8760*(number of subjects followed for a year) observations. A
positive response is a heart attack and the predictors are MJ use that hour
and N-1dummy variables for the subjects. Then you want to look at the sign
and p-value of the MJ coefficient.

Hope this helps.

Ellen Hertz