Hi.  I am teaching educational statistics for the first time, and although I
can go on at length about complex statistical techniques, I find myself at a
loss with this multiple choice question in my test bank.  I understand why
the range of  (b) is smaller than (a) and (c), but I can't figure out how to
prove that it is smaller than (d).

If you can explain it to me, I will be humiliated, but grateful.

1.  Which one of the following classes had
     the smallest range in IQ scores?

 A)  Class A has a mean IQ of 106
               and a standard deviation of ll.
 B)  Class B has an IQ range from 93