From: Hendrik Boshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: edubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Sent: den 10 februari 2006 kl 10:13 GMT+0100
Subject: Backup and restore

I think it would be a good idea to have a little GUI applet under Applications
-> System Tools of Edubuntu Gnome to do backup and restore using tar. I have
seen Archive Manager, but it is still too open-ended. If Edubuntu is really
targeted at educators who are not geeks, the function of system and user backup
is essential, but not obvious how to accomplish. The options should be kept
simple, like choosing full vs incremental backup, whole system vs user data
only, and selection of storage medium. The specification of tar switches and
standard directory exclusions should be automatic.

I know the features for Dapper has been frozen, so this can be included later.

Is there anyone else who has thoughts on this? Could it be useful for Ubuntu as
well?

Hendrik Boshoff

--
Daniel Hedblom