On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 16:22 -0500, Jack Dausman wrote:
> This last Christmas I went to Nairobi and installed six Edubuntu systems
> for a computer lab in an AIDS orphanage.
>
> We'd like to use the lab with a syllabus or curriculum.
>
> Does anyone know of an available syllabus that works with Edubuntu?

If by syllabus you mean a cross-reference set of apps. or guide to help
both teachers and students when deciding which app. is recommended for a
specific subject... we don't have it, not that I know of, but it is
something I consider very important to count with.

At the end of April, in Chile, we'll have a 2 day event where we have
big expactations to motivate teachers and students to start a kind of
edu-community by giving us feedback and more info we can use to make
things better in Edubuntu.

Of course, you are more than welcome to start the syllabus idea as soon
as you can and share it with us all. Maybe you could take a look at
wiki:EdubuntuSoftwareList to have some ground ideas.

--
Cordialmente,

Mauricio Hernandez Z.
(56+8)7496071
(56+2)3129513

www.ubuntu-cl.org
www.edubuntu.org
irc.freenode.net | #edubuntu #edubuntu-es

www.tecnocimiento.cl/EdubuntuChile

[I dream of things that never were and say 'Why Not?']

ID #287183
http://counter.li.org

/!\ Mail escrito sin caracteres especiales para evitar
conflictos de lectura con otros lectores de correos.