Thanks for the ideas, Dan. I'm thinking about it already.

Maybe someone can answer some technical questions.

1. Suppose I decide to put up short "how to" movies: screen captures showing how to do various things in a spreadsheet, for example. What format would be best? Quick time? Something else?

2. It would be interesting to collect student work, and also a good opportunity for students to practice writing for public consumption. Is there a good way for students to upload files to somewhere? Should I be worrying about viruses?