On Feb 27, 2006, at 4:18 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

2. It would be interesting to collect student work, and also a good opportunity for students to practice writing for public consumption.  Is there a good way for students to upload files to somewhere? Should  I be worrying about viruses?

I wasn't thinking so much of my [college] students as the aforementioned kids from Vanuatu and Kenya, as well as people I know in Alaska (Yup'ik Eskimos), and miscellaneous ethnicities in California and El Paso, Texas. I'm thinking of a recipe exchange, for (a) the promotion of measurement and multiplicative thinking and (b) finding out about what other people eat. I could definitely get a recipe for akutak ("Eskimo ice cream", made of lard, sugar, and berries).

jeff elkner
open book project & dc ubuntu loco team

Susan Addington

[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Math Department, California State University, San Bernardino