Jane Weideman wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 11:20 +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
>> On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 11:17 +0200, Jane Weideman wrote:
>>> The reasoning was to create the devel channels first, and if when the
>>> traffic grew to big to manage we would spilt the user support and
>>> discussion off.
>> I remember that, yes. What I discussed with Oli, is that less people are
>> subscribing, because they see the list as a -devel list such as
>> ubuntu-devel and debian-devel, and not a support list. I've communicated
>> with many people who haven't joined the list yet, because of this
>> perception.
>
> Hmm, ok you may have a point, and I'd hate for us to be scaring people
> off.
i had to think twice, and if i wasnt already on ubuntu-devel, i wouldnt
have joined this list.

>>> Has this time arrived yet? I am not sure, as Oliver still answers the
>>> bulk of the questions.
>> I don't think so. I suggested to Oli that we get an additional
>> 'edubuntu' list. He suggested that we rename the current one instead,
>> which would make sense, since he'd be on the 'normal' list anyway :)
>
> What would the impact be? would the change be transparent to those that
> have already subscribed?
>
> I am happy to do it if it is a non-disruptive change.

I think the lists are using mailman.
if thats the case you can make a new list, 'edubuntu-users' or whatever,
and add everyone to it and remove them from the old list (dont ask, just
do).
all the user gets is 1 or 2 emails to say 'your out of the old list' and
 'your in the new'.
someone correct me if im wrong, but thats my reading of it.
kk

--
Karl Goetz
The buck stops there -> $