The K3s has a built-in soundcard. Just hook the USB cable from the K3s to your PC, and an audio codec should appear. Always connect to the same USB port on your PC, otherwise, the OS will likely assign it as a different device number. Also, make sure the radio is powered on before you start WSJT, etc. or else the app will default to some other device, usually the default built-in mic/spkrs in your PC.

73,

-- Dave, N8SBE, Hamshack Hotline 590-0971, HamsOverIP 101018, AmateurWire 1348

On 2024-09-15 09:35, Jim Bruce wrote:
I am looking for any help connecting my K3s to my Linux (Manjaro 24) machine. I guess any recent version of linux.

Specifically what choices for audio cards to choose in WSJT/JTDX. I get one working then it will change or disconnect. This does have Pipewire installed, so preferably I'd like to keep it and use it to maybe ? map sound devices to the radio that might include WSJT, Microphone and saved contest audio response files.

Jim/W3FA