Thanks Bob, and your description is how I had the radio and computer set up when the computer was running Windows 10. I am now running a Linux OS (Manjaro 24) on the computer and there are lots more selections for sound/audio card in the pull down for the Soundcard Input and output. I will have a screen print of it in another post for all to see.

Jim

On 9/16/24 5:07 PM, Bob McGraw wrote:
My K3S, s/n10163, has and I use the internal sound card.  I connect the USB port on the back of the radio to a USB port on my computer.   No other hardware or cables needed.   Works great with WSJT-X and most other software.  Details in the K3S manual  for DATA Modes found on page 33 and  34.  For WSJT-X modes, use Data A.

My viewpoint:  More equipment + more cables  =  more issues.

73

Bob, K4TAX

On 9/16/2024 12:53 PM, elecraft-requ...@mailman.qth.net wrote:
Message: 15
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2024 09:35:50 -0400
From: Jim Bruce<jimw...@gmail.com>
To:Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Soundcard choice for K3s on Linux help needed

I am looking for any help connecting my K3s to my Linux (Manjaro 24)
machine. I guess any recent version of linux.

Specifically what choices for audio cards to choose in WSJT/JTDX. I get
one working then it will change or disconnect. This does have Pipewire
installed, so preferably I'd like to keep it and use it to maybe ? map
sound devices to the radio that might include WSJT, Microphone and saved
contest audio response files.

Jim/W3FA