I submit that using the mobo sound card for radio, is a poor choice.

The OS will use it (if it is using the GUI, not text only); which means tones, belches, tunes and other can be transmitted (incidentally or not).  If you listen to FT8, you'll often hear TV, pets, local room chatter; OS noises and worse (a violation in the US, it's not the phone band).  Much of that 'stuff' is also at full bandwidth (2700 Hz wide).

The K3S has an internal sound card (USB), which makes wiring simpler; it's also the com port cable.  Some K3 have the updated I/O card, but K3 that are not updated will need a sound card for digital.

It's best to use another sound device; that insures audio isolation.  Even the cheapest add on will work, at only a minor expense; then put the radio apps to THAT device and let the OS do it's thing on the mobo sound card and keep the spectrum, less 'busy'.

73,
Rick nk7i