Jim,

I will agree with you wholeheartedly, except for the RF Ground part ---

In reality, RF ground has only to do with a zero impedance reference for RF
at the frequency of operation.  It can actually be up in the air (example -
at the midpoint of a dipole, normally the dipole feedpoint), or at the other
extreme it can be close to a physical groundpoint (like in the shack at a
tuner groundpoint).

It has been said that balanced antennas need no RF ground - I am just saying
it differently - that the RF 'ground' is built into a balanced antenna - or
at the feedpoint in the case of a properly fed vertical, etc.

Let this not be construed to imply that a hamshack does not need a good RF
ground - in fact, every hamshack DOES need an effective ground point for RF
ground, AC safety ground, and lightning protection, AND they should all be
connected together at the hamshack common grounding point.  Additionally,
the best station ground type is the single point ground - where each piece
of equipment has a ground wire going to this common point (like a grounded
entry panel through which all wiring to the shack enters).  If a bus-bar
type ground is used, it should be a very low impedance - as short as
possible and physically large conductors.

A really GOOD lightning protection ground at the shack will by its nature
provide a good high current RF ground too, because to be effective it must
shunt all frequencies to ground - but few hamshacks have the luxury of a
protection system that effective.

73,
Don W3FPR