Hi, Bill-

Unless I am mistaken, there is supposedly a schematic available for the
MFJ-931 in Devoldere's "Antenna and Techniques for Low-Band DXing".

I have the 931 and use if with my EFW, both in the shack as well as while
portable. It works well for me, plus one cannot have too many gadgets
containing wiggly meters hanging around- hi. If you cannot get a copy of the
schematic, let me know off list and I'll open up my unit and trace something
out for you. As I recall, it is a simple variable L/C network whose output
passes through a toroidal transformer that provides current info to the
front panel meter. You could of course dispense with the meter and use a lil
light bulb to help tune for maximum current.

73,

Mychael/AA3WF
K2#1025