Ron and all,

Are you aware that reducing the RF gain will reduce the AGC action as well. Folks who want to try it may be surprised how well copy can be made under QRM conditions with the AF gain at full and the overall gain controlled by the RF gain.

With this technique, the residual AGC provides some 'limiting' protection for the ears while allowing one to dig for really weak signals - this is applicable at any bandwidth, but more so for wider ones.

73,
Don W3FPR