Tom,

Actually the Elecraft 'spare parts and mods' order information is easier to
work with for what you want to do than the LA3ZA listing - I don't want to
diminish the usefullness of the LA3ZA listing, but it contains many 'special
purpose' mods and can be intimidating just by virtue of the sheer quantity
of mods listed.

My recommendation to any K2 owner with lower than SN 3000 is that you first
download the A to B instructions, then order and install all the parts
(kits) listed in that document - unless some are already installed, plus -
order the PLL Temperature stability mod and the Keying Waveshape mod - and
in addition, if you do not have 2 1N4148 diodes in your junkbox, order 2 of
those also.  Order and install the K2 firmware upgrade (you will need it
with the Keying Waveshape mod), and install the sidetone source change
indicated in the KPA100 and/or KIO2 instrucitions (even if you don't need
it).  Also if your SN is less than 2650, order a new set of crystals too
(filter width modification kits are also available if you desire a change).
Check the turns on T7 as you are doing the upgrades and if you have the very
old 13:3 ratio, change it to the newer 22:5 ratio.  The 2 diodes are to add
the 'Extremely Strong Signal Handling' change to your K2 (download the Rev F
K2 manual and look at page 59 column 1 to see how to install the diodes).
If your KPA100 is not the latest level, order the changes for that option
too (you can tell the level by the resistors - download the KPA100 manual to
compare with yours).

If you do all the above, you should end up with the electrical equivalent of
the newest K2 being shipped, and it will 'perform like a new one' - you will
not be disappointed.

73,
Don W3FPR