This makes sense, but for my application it's more important to know the ac
voltage with a
very light load. The transformer is intended to power a vacuum-relay QSK
circuit for an
amplifier. It charges a capacitor to the peak voltage, which is applied through
a resistor
to limit the current through the relays. This reduces the pull-in time of the
relays. So
what's important to me is the voltage that the capacitor charges to, not the
steady state
voltage under load!

In this case I just changed the circuit from a bridge to a full-wave ct,
bringing the DC
voltage down from 200v to 100v, and reduced the value of the series resistor to
maintain
the proper current through the relays. This should still provide enough 'kick'.
I probably
could have reversed the transformer and that would have worked as well.

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA