Hello Susan,

Will you have an amplifier that includes 6m?  If you have something that will
put out
500w on 6m, you have an opportunity to do the first activation on 6m EME at
just
about everyplace you are planning to go!  What you would need to make this a
reality,
is a good yagi aimed at the horizon (ideally looking right out over the ocean
for
maximum ground gain).  It does not have to be up too high - 20' is nice, but a
10'
mast will work.

M2 makes a 21' portable mast for DXpeditions that is quite sturdy but probably
more
than you need for a little 6m beam. Something like the M2 6M7JHV yagi is very
lightweight and easily managed.  It breaks down into a small box, but in an
ideal
case, you would be able to stowe it somewhere partially assembled to make it
easiest
and fastest to set up and take down at each location.

http://www.m2inc.com/products/6m/6m7jhv.html

It doesn't weigh much more than my cat, Greyson, and I have worked many people
on 6m
EME using this antenna when the moon was near their horizon.

If a 6M7JHV is up around 20' off the ground, it will product ground gain lobes
around
7 and 15 degrees elevation; if it is looking out over the ocean, it will
probably
also will enjoy  a ground gain lobe around zero degrees.  Success on 6m EME
comes
through the use of these ground gain lobes as the moon rises up through them.
So, if
you could be QRV for about an hour a day on your moonrise from these rare
places, you
could make contacts using JT65A mode.  I would be happy to help publicize your
activity and make sure people were lined up to call you ;-)

There is about a week each month that has ideal cndx for 6m EME, and this is
easily
predictable.  I can provide you with a calendar of ideal days if you think you
can
get on from some of these spots ;-)

GL on this very exciting adventure!!  VY 73, Lance

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8,
E51SIX, 3D2LR)

Interested in 6m EME?  Ask me about subscribing to the MAGIC BAND EME email
reflector!