Yes, Ref Cal has been performed on both K3 and P3. The issue is ergonomic.

It's a matter of how accurately I can place the marker in the wider
spans, especially when I need to move quickly. My near vision isn't so
great, and the pixels on the display are tiny. At, say, a span of 50
kHz each pixel on the display is a 100 Hz bin (approx). If I'm off by
a couple of pixels when I position the marker and tap SELECT, I'm at
the very edge of my 400 Hz CW filter. Point and click tuning doesn't
have to be such an exacting exercise if you could just place the
marker approximately and then rapidly and accurately fine tune the
signal by ear, all with the SELECT knob.

I don't know what span you normally use, but I like using a span of at
least 50 kHz so I can observe activity on the entire CW sub-band, and
this would make hopping from signal to signal easier. Perhaps the
implementation of external monitor support will help by expanding the
display, but that's off in the future.

Bob NW8L