I use a laptop with an external keyboard, wireless mouse, and external
monitor.  Besides being space-saving, using the same computer when I travel,
it saves the hassle of updating files files back and forth between
computers.  I simply unplug the USB hub, video connector and power supply
from the computer, and I'm on my way.
Barry W2UP