Hi Pete,

Your thoughts regarding usage and perhaps techniques may have some merit.  A
web page or perhaps PDF document may be appropriate for distribution.  With
modest resources, either might be created.

Have you considered offering to be a clearing house for such information
regarding 'how's' that might be provided by fellow Elecraft users?  I
suspect that offering here on the Elecraft reflector might give you some
good material from others for a start.  With a little success in format and
content, even more might be encouraged to participate.  Sources such as
names and call signs of contributors might be included.

If all passes muster, Elecraft might provide a link to a download or
webpage.

Good luck & 73,
Dick - KA5KKT

----

One of the things that strikes me reading through the manual is how
little advice there is in it about how to use the K3, as opposed to
documenting its features.  I'm sure that the defaults probably represent
their best judgment in many cases, and that the guys probably despaired
at anticipating the needs of such a diverse community, without coming up
with a 300-page book, but when the manual doesn't even suggest whether
to use ADC-F or AGC-S for various modes, I think that's being a little
too "neutral."

Question is how can we, as a user community, fill this gap?  Maybe the
VA3CR web page for the 1000MP series offers a possible model.  Any
volunteers?

--
73, Pete N4ZR