Wayne,
If you don't mind I'd like to contribute to this excellent subject as well.
I'm a brand new user yet my experience with high end amateur and commercial
radios is extensive. There are a number of areas I would like to see
expanded upon, one that comes to mind is transmit and receive audio shaping.
While I don't often get to operate uninterrupted one issue I'm currently
struggling with is my receive audio on 6m FM. No matter what speaker system
I use (internal or external) the receive audio sounds over driven or over
deviating yet the same signal on other 6m transceivers sounds fine. I've
experimented a little with the audio equalizers but haven't yet resolved
that problem and am not really sure if the equalizers are the solution.

On the subject of how to package or disseminate this new operating manual it
occurs to me that while some would prefer a written manual, and I think one
should be created as well, some (including those with learning disabilities)
may prefer a computer based tutorial. In recent years a major manufacturer
of high end commercial two-way radios started supplying animated tutorials
with their programming software packages to visually and audibly teach one
how to use the software to configure their radios and these tutorials have
become quite popular. They're often segmented into subtopics making
searching rather easy. By the way, I like the idea of serving up operational
advice by mode as well. Perhaps a computer based tutorial program with K3
animation and narration would be a worthwhile project. Building such
tutorials isn't as hard as you might think either. There's a considerable
variety of development software already available.
73,
Gary
N6LRV