Sam,

The short version of what you say below is, in my words, "If I can't carry it to
the thrown with me it's of no help."

However, it does seem that there are book sellers and writers out there that are
diligently trying to solve my problem.  I love my B&N NookBook ;o) and have the
Elecraft manual PDF's loaded into it.

73,

Tom Childers
Radio Amateur N5GE