I initially responded only to Sam's request for the 160/80m mag loop
picture, but have had several direct requests also. So here is the
reply for anyone else who may be interested.

--------------------------

On 12/14/2010 1:00 PM, Sam Morgan wrote:
> I would like a pic please
> and even a copy of the article if possible
> I find the antennx experience just to distressing to try to find it

Hi Sam,

Most of my articles are behind the "pay wall" on antenneX, so I
cannot distribute them. But I uploaded a picture of the three-turn
160/80 meter mag loop to the following antenneX page, which is
freely viewable:

http://download.antennex.com/listarch/files/3t6d_8_2.jpg

The VVC is in the box at the top along with the motor and limit
switches. The control voltage is obtained from the small  box just
above the bottom of the structural PVC frame. That box separates the
DC motor-control voltage from the RF, passing the RF through a
capacitor to the small driver loop. The DC goes up a twisted pair
cable inside the vertical PVC support tube. The VVC handles up to 15
KV at up to 65 amps.

I hope this helps,
Gus, KB0YH