I just completed the AF1 kit and it appears to work properly.  It
doesn't seem like it does all that much more for my K2 on which I
already have the KAF2 installed.  But on my KX1 it definitely makes a
difference.

Here's the rub and I'm wondering how other users of the AF-1 handle it:

Whether it's the K2 or the KX1 I'm using it on, when I go to transmit I
lose the sidetone!  I'm no technical genius but I've pretty much figured
out that this is to be expected with the AF-1 being in the audio line
out and not an integral part of the transceiver like the KAF2 with which
there is no such problem.

So I adjust the filter and bring out a weak signal nice a clear and just
right, but when I want to transmit I have to turn the AF-1 OFF in order
to hear my sidetone.

Is this just the nature of the beast or did I miss something here?

Thanks for any input,

Stan Levandowski WB2LQF
HF QRP CW -- Doing more with less for over 50 years!
QCWA #35038   OOTC #4558   NAQCC #4740   SKCC #6488   FISTS #14992