Stan,

If that "hand effect" occurs while transmitting, then it can be
attributed to RF-in-the-shack.  The only cure for that is to work on
your antenna system.  If your transmitting antenna is close to the
operating position, there may be no real cure.  OTOH, if the transmit
antenna is not coupling directly into your operating position, that may
be an indication that RF from the antenna is being coupled back into the
operating position - the use of baluns or transmission line chokes, or
effective RF Grounds (try a 1/4 wave "counterpoise" wire) would be means
to minimize that effect.

73,
Don W3FPR