Rich (and Ron),

You are comparing apples and oranges.  Master craftsmen use power tools
as a 'tool' to get the job done easier and faster.  They also are expert
in the use of hand tools to do the same job.  The skill is not in the
tools used, but at the hands of the user.  There are just as many
"botched" jobs using power tools as there are using hand tools.

Those of us who have done professional woodworking have a saying -- The
difference between an amateur and a professional is that the
professional knows how to fix his mistakes (sometimes that means
starting over).
BTW - carpentry does not equal woodworking - two different fields - the
carpenter measures to the nearest 1/8 inch, but the woodworker is
concerned about which side of a of a 7mm pencil mark to cut on.

Similar analogies apply for CW and the proper use of power.

73,
Don W3FPR