Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:

> And I think a lot of the "skill" should be credited to the ops on the
> other end who manage to pull out the QRP stations.

I agree.  Most of the credit should go the the station that copies QRP
stations.  It's one thing to generate a weak signal but entirely another to
be able to *receive* weak signals.  IMHO the latter is MUCH more difficult
...and more satisfying to me personally.

I enjoy operating QRP from portable sites using makeshift antennas but I
give 99% of the credit to the guy on the other end.

73,  Bill

P.S.  I run 1.5 kW on Topband but always get a thrill working QRP callers.

http://www.eham.net/articles/10078