Hi you all!
I'm using my k3 in digimodes connected to a Mac Mini with XP Pro virtualized
in order to execute Ham Radio Deluxe. As this pc has no rs232 interface I'm
using,of course, adapter (Keyspan in my case because I heard it's one of the
few OSx certified). For AF and PTT I have a Signalink Usb. I have a second
232/usb adapter just to interface IC 2820 for DSTAR. Everything works
perfectly except that often booting the VM XP, COM port number assignment
changes and I have to touch manually COM port number to get my radios
working, even if I set 232/usb adapters to work in "geographic" mode, so
with a "static" com port nr assignment.
This stated (but I feel it's relevant to many operating system not only VM),
I wonder a couple of things :
1) are thinking to integrate inside k3 a native Usb port? It would mean that
it would be no longer required to install on the pc a driver for 232/usb
adapter, avoiding this way COM port number changing at boot.
2) are you thinking to integrate inside k3 an interface similar to Signalink
? This would fix forever problems that I had (but I read other collegues are
having) such as LINE input/output signal level settings and PTT
Thanks for patience and attention !
73 de Giorgio IK1BXN