Sorry I forgot explaining what I think suggesting Ethernet interface :-)

1) As any recent network device (switch,router,access point and so on) I
think it would be useful and maybe original having inside the rig a web
engine. Having this feature you could by simply opening a web page via
browser  interact with rig for touching menu setting, update firmware (why
not), check log of critical data, events .... it's only a matter of
developer fantasy I think....remember that inside k3 there is a big computer
resource ready for use....despite to the "old fashion" rig :-) .

2) it should be possible to think to a sort of "remote desktop" for CAT and
else (limit it's only fantasy) or rig remote use (it's not my case but I see
somebody uses this way).

For what I saw and feel using k3  it's a sort of "open source radio",
because team from Elecraft is so flexible and available that I have the
feeling I can touch it by myself....(parallel with Linux). Other rigs are a
black box "as is" and until the rig is "young" efforts are oriented to fix
bugs...later ... sorry it's an old rig , no longer under maintenance or
better attention.....(parallel with other operating systems).

One more time 73 to all ! Giorgio