>> 1) are thinking to integrate inside k3 a native Usb port? It would
>> mean that it would be no longer required to install on the pc a
>> driver for 232/usb adapter, avoiding this way COM port number
>> changing at boot.

Installing a USB to serial converter in the K3 would not eliminate the
"changing COM number" issue with Windows.  If the USB converter is of
the design that contains a *serial number* the COM assignment will not
change across reboots or when the adapter is connected to a different
USB port.  If the USB to serial converter does not contain a serial
number, it will change constantly.

This is not a matter of integrating a USB port in the K3 with its
increased cost, increased chance of failure and operating system
dependencies.

>> 2) are you thinking to integrate inside k3 an interface similar to
>> Signalink? This would fix forever problems that I had (but I read
 >> other collegues are having) such as LINE input/output signal level
 >> settings and PTT

SignaLink does not resolve *any* problems that can not already resolved
by properly operating the K3.  SignaLink still requires that the K3
Line In and Line Out levels be properly adjusted for the best dynamic
range and the SignaLink PTT is nothing more than *another VOX* but
placed in the SignLink rather than in the transceiver.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV