Do you also have a jumper on pin 6 of the microphone configuration
header?  You can check quickly by measuring for voltage at pin 6 of the
microphone jack - it should be about 5 volts.  You can check for proper
soldering of the bias resistor by measuring for a similar voltage at mic
jack pin 1.

If your Heil ProSet uses a dynamic element, you may (or may not) be able
to use it with the bias resistor in place.  If there is no DC blocking
capacitor, the mic element may "sound funny" due to the DC current
through it.  The Elecraft/Heil Proset-K2 uses an electret element, and
the Heil ProSet-iC (Icom) does too (and those need bias), but as far as
I know, the others use a dynamic element.

73,
Don W3FPR