Roy,

With the Elecraft MH2, set the Mic Gain to 1 and the compression as you
desire, but I like to use 3:1 for normal operation.  Watch the bargraph
to see an indication of your peak power output - the peaks should be
somewhere near the power requested level.

I usually find with any microphone on the K2, the compression needs to
be advanced to obtain the proper leak power output.

Try it with your MH2 and see what the reports are.  Better yet, operate
into a dully load and couple another receiver with a short wire antenna
so you have about an S-9 signal - then record the audio output and
evaluate the results.  Unless you are well acquainted with the operator
on the other end, on-the-air reports of quality can be taken with a
"grain of salt".

Did you purchase this K2 used, and/or do you know what is inside it?
What I am asking is if any mods have been made to the KSB2 option, or
maybe a mic preamp has been installed.  There have been several
non-Elecraft mods to the KSB2, and some will work with the MH2
microphone while others could cause distortion.

73,
Don W3FPR