IQ data is a method for describing the characteristics of a wave.  IQ
uses amplitude and phase angle to describe the wave, see for example

 http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3013

The K3 takes an RF signal from an antenna, filters and modulates it.  At
some point the filtered, modulated signal is made available to an IF out
port where it can be used conveniently by various testing and measuring
devices.

A panadapter takes the IF signal and converts it into IQ signals.  These
IQ signals can then be used to visually represent characteristics of the
signal on a chart or screen.  The LP-pan converts the I and Q signals to
audio for input into a computer using a sound card.  The P3 panadapter
directly charts the IQ data onto the built in screen.

The SDR-IQ is a standalone software designed receiver.  It is designed
to hook directly into an antenna source and can be used with software to
directly display data about the signal.  I do not believe it is designed
to work with modulated IF output from a quality receiver, but I could be
wrong.

The SDR-IQ can be used as a standalone panadapter through a computer,
getting its signal direct from the antenna, completely bypassing the
transceiver altogether.  According to its own manual it does not have
much filtering and it can get overwhelmed by other RF sources.

The price for the LP-Pan and sound card is less than the price for the
SDR-IQ.  The P3 costs only a small amount more than the SDR-IQ.

The P3 and LP-Pan were compared in a recent QST article.  According to
the testers, the two approaches are roughly equal in their ability to
decode and display weak signals.

The LP-Pan has the advantage of allowing the use of a large computer
screen for a panadapter. The disadvantage is that it is complex to set
up, requires use of buggy computers and software with driver
compatibility issues and has a lot of loose wiring.

The P3 is a plug and play solution that is reliable and easy to use. The
P3 is more closely integrated with the K3.  IN the future the P3 is
going to allow direct connection to a computer monitor and keyboard.

Given all the factors, I do not think the SDR-IQ solution is the best
choice here.