On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 2:19 AM, John Ragle <tpcj1...@crocker.com> wrote:

> I like the keyer in the K3....

 Good point. The keyer in the K3 is excellent, but not every rig with a
built-in keyer is as good. I have an SDR radio. The accompanying computer
program contains a keyer that produces choppy, uneven dits and dahs. I
haven't dug through the source code, but I suspect that the authors used
timing loops instead of clock interrupts. It's hard to use, and when one
does use it, the code it produces is ugly. So I had to add an outboard keyer
(Ham Gadgets MK1, highly recommended). The K3 was designed by and for the CW
op.

Tony KT0NY