From: Ron D'Eau Claire <r...@cobi.biz>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Wed, June 29, 2011 11:07:42 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] Iambic Keying (WAS: Straight key first?)

I found Iambic keying wonderful to use. I stopped only because it *ruined* my
fist for a bug, Hi!

To make a "C" you just squeeze both paddles with the dash paddle closing
slightly ahead of the dot.

To make a "Q" you just hold the dash paddle and tap the dot paddle at any time
during the second dash.

Press the dash paddle and immediately tap the dot, and you get a "K".

And so on. Very simple finger movements. Minimal timing demands on the
operator.

But it does take a little practice.

And some operators aren't interested in doing that.

That's fine, but it doesn't mean that Iambic keying isn't a *great* way to
produce CW for those who enjoy it.

Ron AC7AC