> The K4 would be better off, with NO HF :-)

Why?  Considering that 28 MHz is required as the IF for the VHF/UHF
"band modules" (transverters) and the base K3/K4 would include the
8/10 Watt six meter capability, there is no cost difference/impact.

I would think that providing a way to keep the sub-receiver active
during transmit, allowing a second transverter to feed the sub RX
for cross band/multi band receive, and providing an "inverted link"
mode for the VFOs (for inverted transponder satellite work) would
make the K3/10 with XV stack essentially the perfect VHF/UHF rig -
other than the lack of a large case to hold the XV stack internally.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV