Don:

I recently had a question from a prospective customer for a Z10000B
buffer amplifier about the need for additional isolation if a Softrock
is used with the P3's splitter IF output.

I can't find a spec for the P3's isolation between the IF output port
and the IF Input, but 30 dB isn't a bad estimate for a 3 dB  hybrid
splitter.

Typical local oscillator leakage out of a Softrock is -40 dBm, so a -70
dBm signal (approximately) will be injected into the P3's input if a
Softrock is connected to the P3's IF out port. This will appear as a
spurious pip on the P3's display at around -70 dBm.

The LPPan has isolation and it's leakage is not a problem when used in
this fashion.  But, I believe a Softrock will require additional
isolation, on the order of 60 dB or so, in order to be useful without
injecting a spurious pip into the P3.

Jack K8ZOA