> The upcoming KX3 will have buffered I/Q outputs, though, so clearly
> it could have been accomplished without undue cost adders. In my
> opinion, it would have made far more sense to include it in the P3.

The circuit of the P3 and the KX3 are massively different.  If you had
bothered to read the P3 manual and study the block diagram/circuit
description you would not have made such a ridiculous statement.

The P3 does not create audio internally *at all* - to generate I/Q
would require essentially duplicating the P3's entire "IF" along
with a separate controller to maintain independent tracking frequency
control, an independent "wideband" I/Q audio output and digital to
analog converters.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV