Not sure I follow.  Tapping my FINE button [which I can do with my
finger while hand is on knob] toggles between 1Hz and 10Hz rates.
Holding FINE makes it a 100Hz rate which takes me from one end of the
band to the other at about half the velocity of light.  I also
discovered, thanks to KE7X's book, that I can change the basic rates in
the menu.  I fooled with it some, went back to the defaults.  In fact,
that's been my general observation ... the K3 is pretty well optimized
right out of the box.

You're in my log 16 times!  Thanks for all the Q's.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2012 Cal QSO Party 6-7 Oct 2012
- www.cqp.org