Joe,
In addition to the antenna check out, try replacing the patch cables from
the K3 to the switch as well, you may have an intermittent there or poor
bonding to the shield (a common problem, making effective coax connector
bonds is a learned art).

I think you said you were using a balun to the ladder line.  That run of
coax to the switch (and K3) should be as short as possible too (some say
under ten feet total between tuner and balun, some say shorter).  It's all
part of the antenna load equation for the tuner and you may have some
reaction there.

Bypassing the switch (use a barrel connector if you must) eliminates that as
a problem source.  It could have an open, a short or intermittent (or poor
connector).

Is the ladder line a reactive length on any band?  When you drop the
antenna, give the ladder line a look see too.  Did a raven do something
nasty to the line?

What happens when you tune into a dummy load?  Is it consistent?  Pick one
end and work toward the other end, eliminating the possibilities in a
logical manner.  You'll get there and then can let us know what you find.

With me, it's often a DOH! moment.  ;-)

Rick WA6NHC