The story continues.... My elation at finding a fix with the new LPB2 program
was premature. I was suddenly plagued with the evil "HRD turns the K3 AGC
off" problem, so I attempted to re-install regular LP-Bridge and set about
trying to find out why I was suddenly having problems. I found that every
time I keyed the K3, HRD lost connection to LP-Bridge. Mind you this was the
exact setup that had been working for months before I attempted the K3 FW
4r42 update. Why the keying causes a disconnect, I cannot tell you. I am
very sure it is not RF.

I decided to go back to LPB2 and fight the "AGC turns off battle" since it
seems to work in all manner except for the unexpected loss of AGC. I looked
for more solutions on the Net and found a very recent posting from KD6X who
said he found the problem occurring only with the P3 in line. His solution
was to keep the K3 to P3 connection at 38400 Baud, but set the P3 RS232 port
which connects to the CPU to 9600 Baud. That way, the direct connection of
HRD (through the P3) to the K3 will slow down the over polling of the K3. I
am trying that idea using LPB2.

.. mike AI6II