Firstly, if you read the Summary of the R&O, it specifically states that for
FSK emission designator is: 60H0J2D.  60 Hz being the bandwidth of the PSK
emissions.  Under ideal conditions, I would suppose that about 1.5 khz of
space would be usable at least with a normal SSB transceiver on PSK-31.  If
the tones are much below 0.5khz you run into some distortion that seems to
prevail on some transceivers and cause spurious signals, ditto above 2 khz.
No doubt some rigs might work OK, some might not.  Still several
simultaneous QSO's could be accommodated in say a 1.5 =2 khz bandwidth with
no problem if there wasn't a "Power hog" trying to outdo everyone else on
the channel.  One MUST be a "Good neighbor" and not run excessive power
(even under the 100w PEP ERP requirement) in order for everyone to have his
QSO with adjoining stations operating.  A "normal" RTTY station would be
much broader than allowed by the emission designator.  PSK-31 can be a very
delightful and reliable mode but one "Lid" can wreck a whole band of PSK
channels using 2 khz of band space.  97.307 specifically assigns the 60H0J2B
bandwidth designator in the addition/revision rules in the Federal Register
for part 97.  So it seems that PSK-31 WOULD be able to use more than one
QSO in the channel space allotted  per channel as long as there wasn't any
spurious "crud" outside or inside the assigned channel.  Most of the
waterfall displays have frequency calibrations which can be very close if
one sets up his transceiver's frequency correctly.  The space used by each
user of PSK-31 is limited to what the "emission designator" specifies and
not the 2.8 khz bandwidth as is specified for PACTOR data.  Being much
narrower than PACTOR several PSK-31 co-users should be possible per channel.

For CW the R&O also says the CW signal will be 1.5 Khz above the suppressed
carrier frequency used by the USB mode and one would assume that it would
have to be within + or - 75 Hz of that center frequency.  This would pretty
much limit each channel to one CW QSO per channel at any one time.
(emission designator for CW is: 150HA1A)

Just an observation.  We will find out what happens when March 5th comes and
the new emissions are tried out.  There probably WILL be some growing pains
and also "newbies" who don't understand the problems that will pop up in
"channelized" spectrum space in ham radio.

I'm looking forward to operating both CW (and PSK-31 eventually when I get
my interface for the FT-990 xcvr built)   It should be fun and very useful
having these additions to just voice modes on 60 meters!

73,

Sandy W5TVW