Now I'm really confused.  I thought I had it straight in my head, after
slogging through all the info in the ARRL posts, etc., that we would NOT
be able to have more than one PSK (or CW) QSO going on in a given
channel, because we are required to always put the one PSK or CW signal
at the same offset within that channel.

I remember being disappointed in the idea that we wouldn't be able to
use a single channel or two as a virtual CW or PSK "mini-band", thus
making much more efficient use of the limited spectrum being made
available to us.

The conclusion I reached was that even if that would be the most
efficient use of the spectrum, that it would likely drive the primary
users nuts trying to figure out how to shut up a whole crowd of users
when they wanted to use the channel, thus the reason for barring us from
stuffing the channel with multiple narrow-band signals.

Did I somehow misread the whole thing?

Thanks,

-- Dave, N8SBE