Hi.

Been thinking about getting a K3.  Have been an extremely pleased builder-ower
of a K2-100 for several years now.  Listening to it now, and it is a real
pleasure!

To be honest, for HF hamming, the K2-100 (w/DSP module) is just fine for me.
The K3's addition of 6 meters, and more importantly for me, and ability to add
2 meters are a plus, but PROBABLY not enough alone to justify the hefty price
of ownership.

What's going to justify the purchase for me, nor not, is the ability to use the
K3 as SWL tool. Knowing that a lots been written on the Reflector in the past
on this subject, I'd really like to have some opinions from owners of the
latest versions of the K3 on its performance receiving broadcast stations.
Specifically, I'm interested in the current state of the K3's receive audio
bandwidth, distortion, and other similar performance characteristics, and in
the performance of its Synchronous AM detection.

One way of getting at this would be for me to know how the K3 would compare
performance-wise (especially audio performance-wise) to some of the more
popular SW receivers, e.g. the Drake R8 series, the Icom R-75, etc., or to
other transceivers lauded for their receive audio performance (e.g., the old
Kenwood TS-870).

Thanks!
Paul
N6LQ