On 2/24/2012 5:18 PM, Paul Clay wrote:

> What's going to justify the purchase for me, nor not, is the ability to use
> the K3 as SWL tool

You will need the KBPF option for general coverage.  If SWBC is your goal,
you'd also need the 6 KHz filter I'd imagine.  I have the KBPF but not the
filter, I use gen coverage for Weather FAX, and some other things, I don't
listen to BC.

That said, getting a K3 as a gen coverage receiver is probably not wise money.
The advantages and features of the K3 are pretty much all aimed at the ham
bands were we both receive and transmit, and often do so under very crowded and
challenging conditions.  YMMV

73,

Fred K6DGW
TDY Sparks NV