I called Elecraft today to get information about ordering my new K3.
I spoke with Dale, Very informative and so willing to help.
One question I asked him and he gave me the answer to was on RTTY, PDK31,
and CW I thought that I could hook up a cable between my laptop and K3 and
be able to operate those modes.
Maybe I miss understood but from what I got was that I needed that cable,
DB9 to USB or usb converter and that I needed to connect the in and out from
the back of the radio to my sound card. I checked my laptop and don't have a
sound card port on the outside of it.
I do have a 3.5 mm head phone jack and a 3.5mm mic jack on the front.
So my confussion is do I need to hook up the 3.5mm jacks or will it run with
just the one cable from laptop to radio. I hoping that, because I don't know
where to buy the other cables, and with my current conditions, I can't make
them.

Anyone know the run down on this?

Thank you in advance.
Gerald - KC6CNN