Gerald- You would just plug the audio cables from the rig into the
laptop's headphone and mic jacks. The term "soundcard" is better used
when applied to desktop PCs, and refers to the days when computers
didn't have integrated audio on the motherboard and if one wanted to
process audio at all, one had to buy a card to plug into one of the
expansion slots. (Your laptop could actually have a "soundcard," but
more likely it has integrated audio.) These days, most PCs have
integrated audio processing, but people use sound cards to do higher-end
audio processing.

Hope this helps!

73,
Scott, N9AA