Hi Gerald,

No you don't need a SignalLink. You may want to review the K3 manual before
ordering your K3. Audio patch cables are readily available from Radio Shack,
Amazon, and other on-line cable sources like Monoprice or CableWholesale.
Probably at Target and Walmart as well. Some may call them 1/8" patch
cables. Get stereo cables. Even for mono inputs, the stereo cables will work
just fine. Just connect between your laptop microphone input and headphone
output to the K3 Line Out and Line In.

Here are some links:
http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Cable-ST35MM-06-Stereo-3-5mm/dp/B002JCOX5U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330696042&sr=8-1

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021802&p_id=644&seq=1&format=2