Hi Bob,

With only 768 kbps you might have a problem. The sling codecs are not very
bandwidth optimized like flash let's say or others, on the other hand Sling
have a very bad habit to eat the entire bandwidth. 768kbps is a marginal speed
for sling, the image will be OK but you won't see details. On the other hand
based on my experience bandwidth fluctuates (kind of  networking QSB :-)) and
sling is adjusting codecs accordingly, is very tolerand in bandwidth variations
(you start getting an image from 3-400Kbps but low rez) of course the immage
quality is adjusted accordingly. Maybe your providers from Hawaii to State of
WA are more consistent but in my case the bandwidth from Europe to Canada is
constantly qsb-ing from 1000 to 1500kbps. Now to see P3 details over sling you
need at least 1Mbps, at 768Kbps the resolution will be marginal, and this is
best case scenario. The old Windows XP Sling Players had the possibility to set
the resolution manualy so let's
 say you want always low res you could set-up and the eaten bandwidth never
crossed but with new player that feature is not anymore available.Other remark
the audio channel even if you don;t have any sourse plugged in mono set-up will
eat aprox 30-40Kbps (set-up as mono audio source, if is stereo you waste
90Kbps) and audio side cannot be disabled.
I am thinking for myself to use a kind of flash server instead of sling that
can be optimzed for low bandwidth, even a webcam will eat less than sling. QoS
will not help you, is just a way to prioritize the packets and eventually to do
limit the bandwidth but the router must mark the packets comming from a
specific application or device. to do QoS If you have only one device like
sling is easy to mark all packets based on IP or MAC, but in case of remoterig
there are different services comming from that device so needs to be prioritize
base on ports or on application level. Remoterig for the moment does not know
qos so all must be done in the router, I have no clue abt Peplink but with
SPA3102 is a problem, the only packets marked as Voice with highest priority
are the one comming from internal sip client (used by voip ports), maybe I am
wrong but this is what I remember.
I am also looking for a decent blackbox solution, once I'll got something I'll
post here results....let's see. Any suggestions from forum users are welcome.

73
VE3GNO Daniel