Well, I got the VGA to S-Video converter today from Amazon and hooked
everything up.  It does a decent job converting 1280x1024 RGB video to
composite and S-Video.  A cable from its RCA output direct to a TV looks
pretty good.

Once I introduce the Slingbox, it all falls apart.  One problem is that my
slingbox classic set for my maximum upload speed of 768 kilobits/sec really
degrades the video just as Daniel predicted it would.  It is still usable
but hard to look at.  The main difficulty is that the Slingbox introduces a
six-second buffer delay.  This just doesn't work for tuning a radio and
watching the results.

Back to the drawing board.  I see that Grandstream makes a fairly
inexpensive ($120) video server (GXV3501) aimed at the security market.  Has
anyone used one of these who can give input on the buffer delay before I
waste the bucks?  One suggestion has been the Axis servers but they are half
a kilobuck.  A bit rich for this.

I may bring my K3 & P3 here and continue using the TS-480 for remote.  I
really miss the P3.

Thanks,

Bob, W7KWS